- In consideration for participating in the Dawn Bonin Horsemanship Practice Ride-Lease Program, I hereby agree to the following.
A. Description of Horse:
Hereinafter referred to as “the horse”
- B. Term of Lease.
This lease agreement is a month to month agreement and either party may terminate this Agreement by giving the other party two (2) weeks, or fourteen (14) days notice. Any violation of this lease by the Lessee will cause immediate termination.
- C. Lease Entitlements.
The Lessee acknowledges that this lease entitles them to the following:
(To be scheduled in advance). I understand that these practice rides DO NOT accumulate, and will be forfeited if I do not show up to ride. However, these practice rides may occasionally be rescheduled during the week at the discretion of the Leasor or Dawn Bonin Horsemanship by telephoning in advance, if the stable schedule permits. All practice rides will be on the farm, i.e., in the outdoor riding ring, the indoor riding ring, in the round pen or on the circumferential trail. The duration of the practice rides will not exceed one (1) hour. I agree to thoroughly cool out the horse after each ride for a minimum of 10 minutes and put him away clean, dry and appropriately blanketed. Leasee reserves the right of first refusal of horse at all barn hosted events. These rides will count as one of the weekly rides permitted. It is my responsibility to communicate with Dawn Bonin Horsemanship as to when they are going for trail rides and schedule the ride ahead of time. Dawn Bonin Horsemanship is in no way responsible for communicating or announcing their lesson/trail ride schedule.
- Use of tack and equipment, i.e., saddle, saddle pad, bridle, protective horse boots, blankets, horse brushes, halter and lead rope. This equipment is provided by the Lessor and is in excellent condition and repair. I agree to clean saddle and bridle used by me each time I finish riding, and return the equipment to its place and in general, clean up after each ride (i.e., leave the stable as I found it). This includes discarding any horse manure that the leased horse may leave in the main aisles or elsewhere in the facilities.
Please check all that apply
- Horse care. Full board (daily feed, stall cleaning, turn-out), routine veterinary care, worming and maintenance of feet will be provided by the Lessor at the Dawn Bonin Horsemanship.
The Lessor warrants the horse is fit for said purpose.
I agree to provide my own protective headgear, an SEI approved riding helmet, and I agree to wear this helmet each time I ride.
I understand that sneakers, sandals, and restricting clothing are not appropriate riding apparel and I will not wear them while around the Dawn Bonin Horsemanship facilities or near any of the horses. I will wear appropriate footwear, i.e., either paddock boots, tall boots or regular shoes with a low heel.
I understand that I have sole riding privilege and will not allow anyone else (family, relative or friend) on the horse during the lease period. All guests to the stables facility will be required to sign the stable waiver. Lease will be terminated and lease fee forfeited if I allow anyone else on the horse during the lease period.
The Lessor is the sole owner of the leased horse and has complete authority regarding care and use of this horse by the Lessee. The Lessor warrants that the Dawn Bonin Horsemanship and its owners has on premises a good and clear title to the Horse, free from any liens. During the course of this lease, the horse will remain free of all liens, charges and claims and the horse will not be sold or mortgaged. In the case the lease horse becomes available for sale. Leasee will have right of first refusal. The horse is and shall remain the sole property of the Lessor. Dawn Bonin Horsemanship also has sole ownership and/or responsibility of the other horses at the stable and has the sole power of authority to allow another horse to substitute for a ride if the leased horse is unavailable.
The horse is to remain on the premises of Babcock Hill Horses Naturally LLC during the duration of this lease unless Lessee has permission from the Owner to take horse else where on a temporary basis. Lessee is to resume any additional expenses including but not limited to hauling, show fees, and additional veterinary care if he/she takes the horse off the premises
In the case of the need for emergency and/or major veterinary care, if the horse experiences an injury or medical issue as a result of the Lessor’s care (i.e., colic or thrush), the Lessor will take on the entirety of the expenses for the needed emergency veterinary care. If the injury or medical issue as a result of the Lessee’s actions or while under the supervision (i.e., severe cuts during trail rides, lameness after a strenuous work out, etc…) of the Lessee, the Lessee agrees to split the cost of the needed emergency veterinary care with the Dawn Bonin Horsemanship, each paying equal halves (including taxes, surcharges and additional fees).
The Lessor has the right at any time, in person or by authorized agent, to inspect the horse to determine if the horse is being properly cared for, treated with respect, and is in good health. The Lessor reserves the right to terminate this agreement immediately if the horse is not being properly cared for by the Lessee.
1. Fees: Fees are per horse per month -- paid by the Lessee in advance on the first day of each month, the Lessor agrees to lease to the lessee the herein described horse(s) on a month to month basis.
Notice of Termination will be given at least two weeks prior to cancellation. Partial months boarding shall be paid on a prorated basis based on the numbers of days boarded in a standard 30 day month.
2. Payable To: Payment is accepted in the form of cash or check. All payments must be made payable to: Dawn Bonin Horsemanship LLC (or DBH)
3. Late Fees: Lease fees paid between the sixth and fifteenth day of the current month due will be subject to a late fee of $15.00. Fees received after the sixteenth will be subject to a late fee of $25.00.4. Lessor Responsibility: It is understood that the Lessor is in no way responsible for transportation, scheduling conflicts, meals, proper attire or personal safety equipment (helmet included). The Lessor is responsible for educating, instructing, and informing the Lessee on all aspects of their role and the jobs that they are expected to complete. It is understood that if the Lessee ever feels under- or mis-informed, and that this lack of information may cause personal harm, they may refuse to carry out a task.
- Lessee hereby agrees to hold the Lessor, Dawn Bonin Horsemanship LLC and Babcock Hill Horses Naturally LLC, and all affiliated with the stable, harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, liability and expense in connection with the loss of life, third party claims, personal injury and or/damage to property arising out of Lessee’s care and/or use of the horse.
IN SIGNING THIS LEASE, I ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I have read the foregoing, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed, no oral representations, statement or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made; I am at lease eighteen (18) years of age (If minor, parent or person representing himself/herself to be the lawful Guardian must sign), and I am fully competent. I hereby further agree that this Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Connecticut.